What started as an attempt to get rid of household pests ended with a million-dollar home going up in flames.
Last month, about an hour west of Baltimore, homeowners were trying to smoke out a snake infestation.
The coals were too close to combustible materials, and the fire that started in the basement quickly spread through each floor.
No one was injured in the fire, officials said — but the status of the snakes is unknown.
The house was recently purchased for $1.8 million and it sustained more than a million dollars in damage.
Fire officials recommend if you have a snake infestation in your home to call a professional and not try to take matters into your own hands.